Our experienced team at SBM Stavros are able to assist our clients by providing a complete range of Taxation and Accounting services for SMSFs. We pride ourselves in providing our SMSF clients with a professional and personalised service.
Our team provides a range of services to clients with a SMSF including:
We provide a complete service to assist with establishing a SMSF, including attending to:
- Australian Business Number (ABN) application to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO);
- Tax File Number (TFN) application to the ATO;
- Obtaining a complying Trust Deed to govern the operation of the SMSF;
- ATO registrations such as Goods & Services Tax (GST) and PAYG Withholding Tax (if applicable); and
- Establishment documentation including Trustee Resolutions and Membership Applications.
Annual Taxation and Accounting Compliance:
Our annual compliance services cover all aspects of the taxation & accounting requirements for a SMSF, including:
- Preparation of Financial Statements;
- Preparation of Member Statements;
- Preparation and lodgement of the Annual (Tax) Return; and
- Preparation of Trustee Declaration and Resolutions.
Our team will liaise with your fund Auditor regarding the annual audit requirements to ensure your fund complies with all aspects of current Taxation and Superannuation Law.
Our team has a thorough understanding of the current Taxation and Superannuation Law and will work with the Fund Trustee(s), Auditors and the ATO to rectify any compliance issues that may arise.
Preparation & Lodgement of Statutory Returns:
SBM can attend to all monthly and quarterly lodgement obligations with the ATO on your behalf. These obligations can include (if applicable):
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly/quarterly or annual Business Activity Statements (BAS);
- Preparation and lodgement of Instalment Activity Statements (IAS), including calculating Pay As You Go (PAYG) Tax Instalments and PAYG Withholding Tax on superannuation benefits; and
- Preparation and lodgement of annual PAYG reporting to the ATO for any lump sum payments or income streams withdrawn from the fund.
We are able to assist clients to start drawing a pension from their fund, we can assist with both Account Based Pensions (ABP) and Transition to Retirement Pensions (TRP). We will liaise on your behalf with specialist superannuation lawyers and provide them with instructions regarding your pension and will review the documents prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Annual Pension Compliance:
Once a pension is being drawn from superannuation, there are a number of annual obligations that must be complied with. We are able to assist clients with the following pension obligations:
- Actuarial Certificate
- Annual Pension Limits
- PAYG Withholding Tax and IAS
- PAYG Payment Summaries and Annual Statement