MPC has developed an in-depth and specialised offering to help Medical Practitioners manage and grow their businesses. Our core accounting and taxation skills are just the start of our unique and specialised service.
Our services include:
Operational assessment and improvement
The medical profession is unique, complex and demanding and MPC understands how important it is for you to focus on the big picture and identify new opportunities for growth. Our consultants can help with strategies, encompassing every aspect of your business, to increase profitability and efficiency and to help you achieve your short and long-term goals.
We can help you improve:
- Patient flow and office organisation;
- Billings, processing and collections; and
- Personnel management and information systems
Practice performance management
When you are so busy with your own work, it’s often difficult to measure your business’ performance and to identify areas where gains can be made. MPC has more than 20 years’ experience assessing and benchmarking medical practices against regional and national key performance indicators. We can design strategies to help you meet your productivity, profitability and quality performance targets.
We can help you with:
- Practice assessments which benchmark your practice with national and/or regional averages and against other practices in your speciality;
- Deciding on specific performance indicators to monitor for your practice;
- Analysising your practice data and recommendations to correct identified problems; and
- Monitoring of results to ensure recommendations translate into desired outcomes
For most doctors, joining a group or starting a solo practice is one of the most important decisions of their career. There are so many options available and so much at stake – you cannot afford to proceed without the best advice available.
MPC consultants can:
- Advise on the best business structure for you;
- Prepare business and financial plans;
- Negotiate leases and hire staff;
- Complete provider applications for Medicare and set fee schedules; and
- Develop strategic marketing plans
Strategic planning and marketing
There is far more to a good medical practice than just practising good medicine. Every business, no matter how large or small, needs a road map for the future to ensure it stays on track. The MPC team can design strategic business and marketing plans tailored to your business, to help you navigate your industry’s changing demographics and help you stay abreast in an increasingly competitive health market with confidence and success.
MPC can assist you to:
- Identify your strengths and differentiate you in the marketplace;
- Know what to expect in three to five years from now; and
- Plan effectively to deal with obstacles and to overcome weaknesses